Thursday, May 13, 2010

Easing Back into It

Sang last night in our first choir concert of the Spring season. It went well. Some friends brought me a stool I could perch myself on. And when, during the first number, I discovered that holding up my black folder was too much of a strain on my sore abs, I lay my music down on another stool that'd conveniently been left in front of me.

I should have the music memorized by now, anyway.

It's a little frustrating to be able to do stuff like this and still not be allowed to drive or mow the lawn or even take out the used cat litter out to the trash can in the alley, but I guess that's how it goes.

And Sunday, when we have our big concert, I think I'll bring a lightweight folding music stand. Can't depend on that other stool being there.

No comments: