Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Long Time, No See


Top Ten Reasons Why I Haven't Blogged in Over a Year

10. I'd backed myself into a corner mostly using Bible verses for titles. But I couldn't always think of one that was appropriate.

9. I got tired of my entries always ending up positive and philosophical. What if I wanted to kvetch for a change?

8. I thought my blog would be a good place to post my Sunday sermons (whenever I got a supply preaching engagement). But I could never figure out how.

7. Some of my most intriguing potential blogging subjects would come from um, observations on the doings of my friends-- who were my best and, often, only readers. The good in such reflections lies in what they would tell me about myself. But still, would my friends feel I'd betrayed them?

6. It worried me: What if I were honest and ironic and a pastor search committee tripped over my blog, and found out about the Real Me?

5. How anonymous could I continue to be? How anonymous did I want to be?

4. I got a new dog in April: young, male, and very untrained. But adorable!

3. I don't get enough sleep as it is, without sitting up all night writing blog entries on a very slow computer.

2. I'm up to my neck in local St. David's Society activities (see www.stdavidssociety.org).


And the Number One Reason Why I Haven't Blogged in Donkey's Years?

A YEAR AGO JULY, I GOT A JOB!

No, not a church job. An architecture job, as in my pre-theology career. Which, now that I've broken fifteen months' worth of ice, I may or may not talk about. But the ice is broken. Crash, brash! The ice is broken indeed.

No comments: